Big Announcement- Fraggle Rock Knitting Book! We need your help!!!

well, my darlings, the time has come! the extra special secret i’ve been sitting on is at hand, and you can all help make this a reality. so, without further delay, let’s get into the meat of it!  Do you remember that post with the brightly wrapped packages?  well, those little nuggets of joy were filled brimming with fraggle rock inspired knits.

yes, fraggle rock inspired knits!!

i have been working with f+w media (north light craft publishing) and the jim henson company for the past seven months in an effort to birth a knit and crochet book based on the fraggle rock tv series. the jim henson company is on board, and the only bit left to clear is the approval of the sales board at north light. they have asked that i gather up as much information as i can to satisfy what they call “evidence of need”, which means they wanna know just how many people out there want to have a craft book with creations from the fraggle rock show.

the publishers and i are currently trying to hammer out just what will go into this book. will it be just knit and crochet projects, or will we bring in other crafts as well? who among you crafty gods and goddesses would be interested in contributing to such a book, if such a title were expanded to include such things as sewing projects, beading, jewelry making and others?

now, you know and i know that if any of us saw that book on the shelf at borders or in our lys, we’d probably start freaking out, jumping up and down like small children and buy damn near every copy at hand, just in case we wore one out (okee, i know i would…) so if we can pool together here with this handy little poll i’ve created, we can show the publishing board just how badly we crafty people want a book like this on the market!!

so have a look over the poll below, fill it out and be sure to send it to a friend! let’s see just how many people we can get the word out to!

waddya say? do you want a fraggle rock knitting book?

we need these poll results to turn in to the publishing board!

now, my dear friends, post this everywhere. link it in your own blogs, twitters, facebooks, favorite ravelry groups and anywhere else you can think of. i’m considering renting a blimp and throwing out pamphlets. :) let’s really start this buzz and show the wonderful team at north light publishing that we want a fraggle book!!!

i love you all. thank you for your help with this. i will, of course, keep everyone posted as new events develop with this book. thank you all for being patient with me as we worked our way to this point.

much love,
tonks

ps.  if you can’t seem to get the poll to load, please simply leave a note here in the comments saying if you are excited about this book project or not, and i’ll be sure to include your feedback with the results when they go to the publisher!!

Bookmark and Share

About Pea Kay

Pea Kay, otherwise known as Tonks, The Unhinged Knitter, moonlights at night as an infamous Cupcake Warrior. To learn more about what she does, visit the core pages of www.weavingroses.com!

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Glad to see its coming along. I mostly do other crafts, but I know there's many many people just in the scene alone that would love this!

2. thanks! i hope everything works out. i'll be sure to keep everyone updated here in the blog!

3. Anonymous says:

I voted other in the last poll because I couldn't choose more than one option.

4. that's okee. i was having trouble with the polls earlier, and while this does let you only pick one, it's working out great! thanks for the vote!

5. For the last question, I chose option #8 because I took that to mean “all of the above”.

:-)

6. My dog looks like Sprocket on Fraggle Rock, so much so we actually named her Sprocket. So any Sprocket-themed items (appropriate for a dog, for example) would be awesome.

7. Fantastic idea. And I'm seeing some splendid socks in this…

8. i promise both sprocket related items as well as socks!

9. Anonymous says:

What a cool idea. I love it. I'm 50 year old and have the complete series on my shelf.

“Not the momma”

10. Great idea! I loved this show as a kid. Oh, and I read your article in Knit Simple and have to say it was really wonderful. I know knitting has helped calm me when I've been in a bad mood and it's wonderful to hear how it has really helped people with serious illnesses.

11. @vcfibers thanks! i have been meaning to get a post together about the article. :) i'm glad you enjoyed it!

12. done! I'm a huge fan of the Freggles (for us in Belgium it's with an E instead of A), and so is my 5yo daughter!!!!!!!!

13. I would be interested if there were instructions on how to make figures out of clay.

14. OMG I would be all over it!

It was my favorite show as a kid! I want dolls! I want to be able to knit a Red doll and a Doozer!

I'm so excited!

15. I picked other because I wanted to choose all of the above for type of projects!

16. Squeee I so want a whole army of doozers. They are the cutest.
    Don't forget to shout out on Ravelry.com when the book comes out. Over six hundred thousand knit and crochet mad members are waiting

17. you guys are wonderful! the response to this has been overwhelmingly positive. thank you all! keep telling your friends! the more we have proof for what the publishing board calls “evidence of need”, the better our chances of having this book.

tonks

18. Add me to the “other because its all of the above” list :)

19. Anonymous says:

Haven't crocheted since I was a kid… but if this got published it would be enough inspiration to dig out the needles and give it another go!

20. I would love to buy this, if it gets published – and if you are in need of patterns, I might be able to come up with a knitting or crochet pattern

21. hey selana- i may take you up on that. do you have a ravelry account i could see your work in, should we decide to bring in other designers?

22. I'd love this! There are a ton of things to be knitted or crocheted and it would be super easy to make it appeal to both kids and adults!

23. Another “other” on last question to mean “all of the above.”

24. lunacie says:

I can't seem to see the poll questions but I would love to see this book happen. I need a copy, and so does my cousin and her best friend.

25. I Know a baby called Fraggle Rocke! Well, actually his name's Owen and I call him Fraggle, but it's close! Pleassssssse I want a Fraggle Rock knitting book, or crochet, or anything :o)

26. Anonymous says:

For me, the decision if I would buy this book or not would depend on quality of patterns – I may love the show, but it doesn't mean I must love the projects. Good luck with the book and I'm looking forward to be able to look at it.

27. Anonymous says:

Another “other” for “all of the above”! Sewing/other craft projects might be fun too, but as long as it has knit and/or crochet dolls/toys, I'd be happy. Definitely let us know progress on Ravelry, please!

28. Anonymous says:

This is so cool! I don't knit, though I've tried to learn, but if there are other crafts that won't make me wanna shove a Doozer Stick in someone's eye, I'd be interested in such a book, LOL. 😀

RedPiggy of Muppet Central

29. I am so excited about this! I love the fraggles and it would be so cool to see an al craft book from them! I especially would love a knitting pattern of teh gray shawl!

30. Mkgdragonfly says:

I would love a knitting book based on Fraggle Rock- both to knit from and just because I loved loved the show when I was little!!! I would totally buy it.

31. Anonymous says:

Needs to have adult and kid garments, dolls, accessories and DOOZERS!

32. Anonymous says:

Great concept! Best wishes with this project :)

33. Anonymous says:

Thank you, the Fraggles need more representation out there!

34. Anonymous says:

I marked other above because I couldn't decide on only one choice. I would wear a sweater(adult garment) or hat and scarves (adult accessory) but I also have grandchildren that I would happily knit a sweater, hat or scarf or a toy.

35. Anonymous says:

i marked “toys,” but i would also have marked “kid clothes” and “kid accessories” if i could have.

36. Anonymous says:

Do you know where the proposed book is being aimed? Regular retail stores, online only, etc?

37. Anonymous says:

I voted for “other” on the final question. If I had had the “check all that apply” option, I would have voted for adult & kid garments and accessories. Toys and home accessories? Notsomuch.

38. Can't find the poll but LOVE the idea and would snap one up in an instant!
    I'd be interested in toys and adult accessories :)

39. Ack! No visible poll!

Me want!
    And it would be super awesome if the included patterns were both knit & crochet ('cuz I really can't knit and would love this yet don't want to exclude knitters)…and if there were other Hensen knit/crochet books out there.

40. Anonymous says:

I hope they have lots of fraggle rock hats for kid and grown ups with fun fur and ears sticking out. That would be an easy and quick knit. and I would love a doeser doll.

41. Anonymous says:

Other (in the comments):

The poll didn't let me select multiple answers for the last question, so I'll say here that I'd be interested in adult & kid garments and accessories, toys, dolls, and home decor. I couldn't really answer “I don't care because I have to have Fraggles” 'cause I DO care and want ALL of those things in the book. :)

42. I grew up with the show and would def love to see Fraggle patterns published. I crochet myself so would prefer crochet patterns as well! These would def bring a smile to my face

43. Anonymous says:

Other means “all of the above” to me as well, but if feasible size all garments for everyone! :)

44. Anonymous says:

all of the above for me too… Think i'd like to make a kid's sweater here, or toy there, or household item. What ever strikes my fancy…

45. Great idea. I have a Boober Fraggle knitting pattern if you are interested.
    Sunnydayknitter on Ravelry

46. I'd like to see a whole range of the things you mentioned in the last box. Such as, I'd wear a cute Fraggle themed hat, but would also be interested in making a Fraggle themed garment for a child I know, or a doll for someone who might like to display it in a work cubicle. The suggestion of adding other media to the book sounds awesome as well. I, for one, can think of a few ideas that would add beadwork/jewelry to the mix. I'd leap at the idea of contributing to such a book.

I would really like to see this book get published, to say the least.

47. Anonymous says:

sounds cool : )

48. I wish your survey let us pick several items, because I would have like to say that I'd be interested in adult and kid garments, accessories,toys, etc. Also, let the publisher that even though I'm not a huge Fraggle Rock fan and I can crochet, I prefer the look of a knit product vs. crochet but there are fewer good patterns for knitted dolls and toys, so I would buy the book as a spring board for me adapting the pattern to what I need (e.i. Sesame Street characters, my own adaption for my own characters, etc.

49. Anonymous says:

YAY FRAGGLES!! It's about time :O) Can't wait to see it on the shelf at the book stores!!

50. This is awesome! I would love to see a garment based on Mokey's robe that she wears. I can't wait until this book comes out!

51. Anonymous says:

I love this! It would be fantastic to see a Trash Heap style hat for kids and adults. For this alone, I would totally buy the book.

52. Anonymous says:

Well, just make sure you include something with lime green stripes for the Doozers!

Fraggles Do Knitting

53. I also put “Other” for the last question, because I'd like to see all of those things! I'd especially love a Red Fraggle hat!

54. Wow, what a turnout! I'd love to see a Fraggle book, w/all kinds of crafty goodness. But even if it's entirely based on yarncraft, I've still got a few people who'd love to get it as gifts. :) Plus if I ever did learn how to knit or crochet, some beginners projects in a Fraggle book would be a great way to get inspired! ^_^

55. I think this designer, Chonticha, on Etsy would also be a GREAT candidate for designing crocheted Fraggles. She has designed everything from Hello Kitty to Snoopy to Lilo & Stitch!! She's amazing!!

56. Asia Industries is one of the leading garments accessoriemanufacturers, wholesale suppliers and exporters in Delhi, India. We are a renowned d rings manufacturer and supplier of garment buttons, d ring buckle adjuster etc.

57. Stephanie says:

I'd love to see a fraggle craft book, especially if it involved Cotterpin Doozer!

58. Anonymous says:

Is there any news or updates about this book?

59. Anonymous says:

Wish you luck and hope it becomes a reality!! Soon!!

60. Jennifer says:

Wishing you luck in getting this..I would love to have something like this to be able to create a fraggle of my own..That and kids that grew up w/them could share it with there kids and grand kids…I hope you get to do it!! Good Luck

61. Any news on this project.

I've been working on my own version of mokey fraggle here is a picture:

62. So excited! Can't wait to see the book. Very interested in Mokey. Couldn't open your url to see the pict. Bummer.

63. What's up colleagues, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say concerning this paragraph, in my view its genuinely amazing in support of me.
    Stop by my webpagetop usa casinos

64. Renee Farison says:

Oh my goodness! Yes! I would love to see a Fraggle Rock knitting /crochet/crafting book. I was looking for a crochet pattern for a Red costume for my 6 month old daughter (long story) when I found your site. I have already shared it with a friend of mine who is a big Muppet fan like me as well as a knitting fan. So cool!